Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Remodeling Mania

Here is more of what I've done recently. I've taken the door off the entry closet, painted it, and put in new shelves and hooks for coats. I've also added a mirror for convenience.



Before, the whole house was painted with a flat beige paint. Naturally, the kids got greasy finger prints all over the walls.






After: I painted the walls a gray and white and added a chair rail and wainscoting. Yes, I can't get enough of the gray and white with the wainscoting




We're missing stair rails, hopefully we can do that someday.Here is the final product. I also want to add a photo gallery to this wall.



We redid the basement so Ben can have his library. Now we have a controlled space for the kid's toys. And can I say that I just love these cheap shelves. You can use them practically anywhere to maximize storage. I also love clear plastic containers for toys, it's easy to see and looks clean.




Here is my photo gallery in the dining room. For some reason it looks crooked in the picture. I love that you can combine any combination of frames and it will work. I think that adding different textures to the room (like the baskets and the rug) makes it more interesting.



My Bedroom is mostly done. This is my favorite room in the house. I can't tell you how calming it is for me to rest in this room. It was important for me to make this room a priority because this is the only place that is exclusively ours and not the kids...and no, they can't bring toys in here.

The trick here is to create symmetry in this space. A set of matching lamps and frames make the space feel coherent. For the bed, white sheets are great and will match anything. Simply add a cover with texture and three throw pillows to the bed and you have luxury bedding.











One thing I do for artwork is to frame a cool fabric that I like. I got this frame at Goodwill for $5.00, I spray painted it white, framed it, and hung it on my wall. I Love hanging patterns on my wall, there is something so soothing about patterns.

That's all for now folks, come back and visit next time!






No comments:

About me

My name is Samantha Bartlett and I am a stay at home mom with two rambunctious and adorable children, Isaiah (almost 4) and Ana Lucia (almost 2). I am married to a Bartlett and that has been an adventure in itself. My challenge in life is to Love God with all my heart and to do the best with what I am given.

About me, I love projects! It is inherent in my genes; my dad is a natural born handy man that has an instinct to see how things work; my brother is an interior designer and furniture maker and my mom is a natural craftswoman; I grew up surrounded by these things. As for me, I love anything beautiful and to recreate something new from something old. My mind is filled with endless ideas on how to make things beautiful in a thrifty way. It is important to me to make my as warm, inviting, and efficient, as possible, and I believe anyone can do this in a practical and frugal way.