Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Goodwill Finds

There is something so thrilling when you find vintage pieces at the thrift store. One of my favorite piece is this nightstand I found at Goodwill for $20. The curvature on this is so elegant and classy. With some leftover paint, I turned it into a glamorous nightstand.


I lightly sanded the nightstand, put on two coats of latex paint, and sprayed the handle a metallic silver


I found a set of lamps at Goodwill for $5.00 each. It's ugly isn't it? Yes, but if can just get past the first impression and use a little imagination it can save you $100. Besides, you can paint it any color you like.

Here is the before


And After
I glued a strip of ribbon onto the lampshades to give it more character. It couldn't have been more fitting. The ribbons were from a set of old curtains that I took apart.


Another Piece I got at Goodwill for $50. I got this for Lucy because she has so many clothes. I can't wait to work on this. This is a solid piece of wood and it is quality furniture. That's another reason why I prefer buying older pieces. I also love the curves and the decorative front. I am thinking about painting it but I might want to try staining.







1 comment:

Beverly Lam said...

hi sam! just stumbled on your blog and now i'm subscribed! :D can't wait to read about more of your home remodeling projects - i CANNOT believe how much you accomplish even with two little ones! you're amazing :)

About me

My name is Samantha Bartlett and I am a stay at home mom with two rambunctious and adorable children, Isaiah (almost 4) and Ana Lucia (almost 2). I am married to a Bartlett and that has been an adventure in itself. My challenge in life is to Love God with all my heart and to do the best with what I am given.

About me, I love projects! It is inherent in my genes; my dad is a natural born handy man that has an instinct to see how things work; my brother is an interior designer and furniture maker and my mom is a natural craftswoman; I grew up surrounded by these things. As for me, I love anything beautiful and to recreate something new from something old. My mind is filled with endless ideas on how to make things beautiful in a thrifty way. It is important to me to make my as warm, inviting, and efficient, as possible, and I believe anyone can do this in a practical and frugal way.