Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The transformation of an ugly bathroom

Putting together a blog is somewhat overwhelming and time consuming, I wish I was more blog savvy. So where do I start? I can show you some of the projects I have done over two years time (and it has been quite fun I might add). We bought our town home almost two years ago and we have done a lot of experimenting. All of them were learning processes and it wasn't always full of joy, but the end result is always satisfying. I would love for my husband to share the same love of home improvements as I do, but that is not the case....so, most of these projects are my attempt to learn something new.

I have recently finished my bathroom and here are the before and after pictures. We have
a limited budget to work with so I decided to keep the floor and tub and redo the walls. What do you think of the black and white tiles? I am actually quite fond of them after whitening them up.


Before




















































And After...






What we changed so far,
1. Remove old tiles from the baseboard
2. Put wainscoting on the walls
3. fix the toilet
4. new toilet seat cover
5. put shelfs on the wall
6. put crown molding on the wall
7. put a frame on the door and repaint door
8. paint wall gray and white
9. put new toilet paper holder on wall

Now we have an almost finished new bathroom. The next thing we have to do is to put up subway tiles on the shower wall. Can't wait!!!





















































































































No comments:

About me

My name is Samantha Bartlett and I am a stay at home mom with two rambunctious and adorable children, Isaiah (almost 4) and Ana Lucia (almost 2). I am married to a Bartlett and that has been an adventure in itself. My challenge in life is to Love God with all my heart and to do the best with what I am given.

About me, I love projects! It is inherent in my genes; my dad is a natural born handy man that has an instinct to see how things work; my brother is an interior designer and furniture maker and my mom is a natural craftswoman; I grew up surrounded by these things. As for me, I love anything beautiful and to recreate something new from something old. My mind is filled with endless ideas on how to make things beautiful in a thrifty way. It is important to me to make my as warm, inviting, and efficient, as possible, and I believe anyone can do this in a practical and frugal way.